Friday, September 25, 2015

Don't choke!

Day 6-10

So I may be slacking a little but this last week was craaaaaazy!

Our poor 13-year-old pup Chelsea has had a week long panic attack and I went back to work on Monday. So this week was a blur.

But it has now been 10 days post surgery and some things are...well they just are. My burping... or urge started to decrease around day 6 and has continued to not be as bad. Maybe I am just coping with it more, I don't know. I will say... actually getting out a real burp is the most amazing feeling ever. It disgusts me that I feel this way... but no joke... it is amazing!

Day 8 was interesting. I experienced my first real bout of dysphagia.. which I had heard about. I had a bite of a waffle with banana. I apparently did not chew well enough because the food got stuck in my esophagus. It is pretty uncomfortable, borderline painful. I tried to drink some water but nope. There was not room so most of it all came back up. Good news I can vomit! Sorry for the TMI but helpful to know if you're dealing with this! This happened to me today as well but it didn't last as long... stupid waffles and bananas. I realized walking around for about 5 minutes or so helped to resolve the issue. But every day that passes I'm thinking less and less about the Linx, so I am getting back to old habits. I guess this is a good and bad thing!

Things that I find hard to eat: Waffles, bananas, crinkle cut fries. I don't know why... they just are.

Today was also my first day back exercising. The doctor said as soon as the soreness from my incisions was gone, I could start working out again. Today I did a yoga class. I tried to be careful not overdoing it, but overall I did everything pretty much as normal.

I am still dreading the week 4 mark as it looms closer and closer... it's like scar tissue is closing all around me... in my mind.

Overall, I am doing well and still have not had any reflux since day of surgery! Woo! No more morning sickness!

1 comment:

American in London said...

I appreciate all of your candid info here! It has been recommended that I have the Linx surgery and would really appreciate knowing how you are doing with it several years later.