Saturday, September 19, 2015

I'm home!

9/17/15 & 9/18/15

Day 3 & 4

First full day home. My neck is killing me! It feels like my head weighs 30lbs! I literally have to lift my head up with my hands if I want to move from laying down to standing up. Other than that inconvenience, getting in and out of bed hasn't been an issue... not that it ever was.

For breakfast I had yogurt, no problem. Lunch was leftover Mexican food, no problem... just need to eat smaller bites and chew more. Dinner was pizza. In the time it took my husband to eat three pieces, I just barely finished one... and my husband is not a super fast eater.

The good news about eating slower is that you eat smaller portions. So if you don't practice portion control... you will after this surgery!

Still have a bit of a lump in my throat but I haven't noticed it as much.

The swelling around the incisions has gone down a lot! So yay! Normally looking belly soon!

The biggest annoyance aside from my neck is burping. I keep having the urge to burp but then nothing comes up, and it's a bit painful when air gets stuck below the Linx. This is apparently normal too. I hope this resolves soon.

No comments: