Saturday, September 19, 2015

I've got to admit it's getting better... a little better all the time

Day 5

This has probably the best I have felt since surgery. I haven't really noticed my incisions, except when one my dogs steps on our cuddles up to my stomach. You can't help but notice then.

Still eating as normal. Still sleeping well. Still dreading week 4 mark. But I can't stop it now. I feel like I am climbing the roller coaster and once I hit week 4, it will all be down hill from there. I have read a lot of people are back to their pre-surgery diet and eating around the 12 week mark. So by Christmas I'll be good to go..... Christmas... so close yet so far!

The lump in my throat is not really an issue anymore. My neck is no longer stiff, which makes me think that was a result of the gas used during surgery. But my biggest problem and most annoying problem is still urge to burp. I drank a carbonated beverage and had no issue, but about an hour later, the pain of not being able to burp came back. Hot tea has helped to kind of suppress it for a period of time, but it just keep coming back with a vengeance every time. I am trying some gas relief to see if that will help.

I go back to work on Monday and I am pretty excited to get back to a life of normalcy. I am bad at letting myself recover because I constantly want to go, go, go. There is always something I need to do. But I just have to keep reminding myself that the to do list will be there tomorrow.

It's so hard for me to push this cuddle muffin away... until she steps on my stomach... then it's really easy!

No comments: